150 total views, 2 views today
Last month, EnterGhana.com published the story of a young girl, Amina Ibrahim who was covered in severe burns after taking popular antibiotic, Septrin. The 14 year old died at the Mohammed Abdullahi Wase Specialist Hospital in Kano State. She was diagnosed with Stevens-Johnson syndrome, a “rare, serious disorder of skin ,majorly usually caused from reaction to a medication or an infection.
She had bought the drug at a local chemist after falling ill. The drug was prescribed to her by the chemist’s 19 year old son .