2,191 total views, 2 views today
After a pretty tough Sunday afternoon for Liverpool at Wembley, more bad news could be set to follow their 4-1 drubbing by Tottenham Hotspur.
Following the summer-long saga surrounding the future of playmaker Philippe Coutinho amid continuing links with — and rejected offers from — Barcelona reports that he could move to the Camp Nou in the winter have resurfaced.
The Mail says Liverpool, ninth in the Premier League and 12 points adrift of leaders Manchester City, “are prepared to let Coutinho go in January.”
Citing sources in Spain, it adds that Barcelona’s failure to sign the Brazil international in the summer has not dented their interest.
Manager Jurgen Klopp “has neither ruled out a sale nor denied that an agreement exists between the two clubs over an eventual transfer,” the Mail reports, while the Mirror says “Barca sporting director Robert Fernandez was in the stands at Wembley” to watch Coutinho.
Last month, reports claimed Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group would be “much more receptive to negotiating” a sale if Liverpool were out of the Premier League title picture.